We have multiple job openings all over the South Florida area. A sign on bonus is also available.
Line Specialist will be expected to safely perform all associated tasks with the construction, maintenance and restoration of all overhead and underground facilities (excluding vaults, manholes, and hot compounds). They must be able to trouble shoot and repair all distribution and transmission circuits and equipment and prepare all associated paperwork. They will be responsible for making sure that all jobs assigned are worked in accordance with company design standards and work methods. May be required to work extended hours in inclement weather, may be required to travel throughout the system in cases of emergencies, storms, to restore the system.
Line Specialist may work alone, on a crew, or to supervise a lower classification such as a ground worker, apprentice, or helper without direct supervision of a higher level classification. Line Specialists may choose to work in either our Transmission or Distribution Units and may utilize our internal job posting system to move between the Units/Work Location. Line Specialists are expected to have the flexibility to work any shift at their assigned work location.
- Commercial Driver's License, Class A
- Must have climbing skills.
- Must have completed the FPL apprentice program or another accredited apprenticeship program.
- Must be able to work in direct sunlight or at night
- Must be physically able to perform all assigned tasks.
- Must be proficient with live line maintenance (gloving) up to twenty three (23) KV and the use of hotsticks for all voltages
- Minimum of two (2) years of verifiable work experience as a JourneymanClass 1 or A level craft worker.
- Bucket Truck Rescue Certification
- Pole Top Rescue Certification
- Tower Rescue Certification
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $41.76 to $41.77 /hour
- Journeyman Lineman: 2 years (Required)