General Foreman Level 1, Electrical
ABOUT US: Established in 1946, Bergelectric Corp. has made its mark on the construction industry by providing the highest quality electrical and technology systems. We are one of the largest, privately held, electrical contractors in the United States. During the last decade, Engineering News Record (ENR) has consistently ranked us among the top 20 specialty contractors. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, Paid Time Off, 401(k), and a pension plan. OVERVIEW: Function as a General Foreman for Bergelectric Corp.; managing the labor, materials and production for electrical construction projects. Provide technical expertise in installing and troubleshooting electrical wiring and equipment. Work cooperatively with the general contractor and/or customer in managing the project, project schedule and employees. Monitor installations and ensure work is performed according to Bergelectric Corp. standards and project specifications. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supervision of all field production activities; Provide assistance to the Foreman in planning the job, ordering materials and manpower.
- Work with appropriate Project Managers and Superintendents to establish project goals at the beginning of the project and monitor success in reaching those objectives on an ongoing basis.
- Review and monitor labor efficiencies, hours and ratios. Project the labor needs for the duration of the project
- Monitor codes and specifications, installation methods.
- Prepare, review, distribute and/or maintain all required installation documentation.
- Provide leadership and guidance to sub-Foremen.
- Work with the appropriate Project Managers and Superintendents to track and monitor material costs, storage, consumed and ordered to identify potential problems while minimizing cost and overruns to Bergelectric Corp.
- Achieve Bergelectric Corp. productivity objectives by effectively managing and assigning tasks to crew members, while maintaining an accurate labor tracking log and communicating with other key project personnel
- Utilize a proactive approach to anticipate and resolve potential issues.
- Ensure the proper safety equipment, materials and tools are onsite to perform required work.
- Maintain complete and accurate “as-builts” as per Bergelectric Corp. procedures and project requirements.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals including project owners, architects, general contractors, management, crew members, etc.
- Adhere to project contract document changes and Bergelectric Corp. change
- order notice-to-proceed policies.
- Adhere to all Bergelectric Corp., state and federal safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure all work performed meets with NEC, federal, state, county, local codes and contract documents.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures included in the Bergelectric Corp. Employee Handbook.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of three to five years of experience working as an Electrical Foreman/General Foreman or in a similar role in electrical construction, design and cost management for commercial or industrial projects.
- Must hold a current Journeyman Wireman license (if required by the applicable state, city or county).
- Advanced abilities in reading and interpreting electrical plans and specifications with in-depth knowledge of the NFPA codes.
- Demonstrated track record of successful project leadership with experience managing sub-Foremen.
- Capable of managing any type of private or public sector electrical construction project including new construction, tenant improvements, etc.
- Solid understanding of the electrical codes and installation methods.
- Well-versed in the installation of power systems: lighting, fire protection, security and data networks.
- Knowledgeable regarding the build, installation and maintenance of control panels
- Comfortable utilizing Electrical Single Line blueprints.
- Experience in verifying the compliance and functionality of installations.
- Knowledgeable in the identification and repair of faults in electrical apparatus and circuits.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively order and track materials, perform cost projections and develop “as builts”.
- Strong knowledge and experience related to scheduling, material lead times, product knowledge and installation durations.
- Physical Demands: The employee may require the ability to do the following:
- Lift 50 lbs from ground and pull 50 lbs of force.
- Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling.
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25 lb tool belt.
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires.
- Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms.
- Working Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
- A variety of weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, heat, etc.
- High noise levels
Primary Location CO-Denver (Littleton)
Job General Foreman
Foreman - Electrical Crew
2 - 5 years
High School or equivalent
Note: Some listings may also have apply info in the ad itself