Journeyman Lineman (Bid 29)
As a Journeyman Lineman you will install, maintain and repair all transmission and distribution electrical systems and associated equipment, both overhead and underground, while utilizing line trucks, aerial boom, lifts and wire pulling equipment. Maintenance of lines and services will require pole climbing, hot sticking, and working out of truck mounted bucket lifts to construct, repair or maintain line equipment or string, splice and sag wire on live or dead circuits. Operates switches, cutouts and uses grounding devices to work on de-energized lines and equipment. You may train and direct the work of a trainee in the trade.
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Journeyman Lineman certification or testing through IBEW Local 659.
- Completion of a formal training program for a Journeyman Lineman.
- Must meet examining board review of skills and experience.
- Candidate must have formal hot stick training and experience.
- Must own, or be able to obtain, a Class A Commercial Driver's License.
- This position requires a post-offer, pre-placement physical capacity screening, conducted by a licensed physical therapist, to assure the candidate meets the physical demands of the job. The screening will assess only the identified physical demands of the job being applied for.
The job duties of Lineman require lifting in excess of 75 lbs from floor to waist and waist to overhead, carrying in excess of 75 lbs with both hands, and pushing and pulling in excess of 100 lbs of exertional force. Job duties of the Lineman require sustained, awkward positions/postures including bending and twisting at the waist and neck; reaching forward, to the side, across the body and overhead. Additional requirements of the Lineman position include forceful grip and pinch; manipulation of small objects; balancing on one or both legs during dynamic activities; manipulation of large objects during activities requiring balance and sustained awkward postures
- 2+ years experience as a Journeymen Lineman
Primary Location: Roseburg
Department: 00001027 Pacific Power
Personnel Subarea: [[personnelSubarea]]
Hiring Range: 44.42
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.