Journeyman, Overhead Lineman
Journeyman Overhead Lineman
- Under general supervision of Crew Foreman, climbs power poles, splices, and makes repairs to energized lines.
- Constructs new overhead lines, setting poles, installing cross arms and brackets, stringing wire, and placing equipment such as transformers, switches, cut-outs, lightning arrestors and insulators.
- As a member of a line crew performs switching operations; runs new service lines from pole to consumer's premises; reconstructs existing lines and related fittings; phases out and cuts in new circuits; pulls slack out of primary and secondary wires; tests poles, lines and other facilities; trims trees to clear wires.
- Drives trucks and operates associated equipment as assigned.
- Assists in the instruction and training of lower class crew members in techniques of the trade; and does related work as required.
- Completes all required safety training, know and understand DOT and OSHA standards.
- Possess capabilities of lower class crew members.
- Able to Supervise in Foreman's absence.
- Work involves physical exertion, heavy lifting, and exposure to inclement weather, as well as the hazardous conditions of working with high-voltage energized lines and equipment.
- Good physical condition and dexterity is required. This includes walking, stooping, bending, climbing, kneeling, reaching, crawling, pushing, pulling, working in awkward positions and enclosed spaces. Lifting up to 75lbs. is required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately and possess good hearing as needed for work and safety compliance in a hot line environment.
- Ability to travel and report for 24 hour standby when responding to storm relief throughout the United State
- Florida State Licensed
- Must have 5 years of recent experience.
- Must hold a valid Commercial Driver's License and maintain a Medical Card certified by a DOT Medical Examiner or have the ability to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Subject to random alcohol and drug testing requirements and criminal background check
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to properly inspect PPE and follow Company safety rules and policies
- Be able to pass E-Verify
Charlotte, North Carolina
Lineman/Lineworker - Journey Level
5 -10 years
High School or equivalent
Note: Some listings may also have apply info in the ad itself