Overhead Electric Journeyman Lineman
MasTec – Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure. At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless. In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts. We are currently seeking Journeyman Linemen to join our dynamic Team. Summary: The Journeyman Lineman should be able to perform diversified work construction and maintain poles, power lines, and auxiliary facilities and equipment for the distribution of electricity, able to trouble shoot systems with skill, and capable of and prepared to perform the various duties of Groundman to Class A Apprentice Lineman. In addition the Journeyman Lineman should be able to temporarily fill in for the Foreman. General Responsibilities:
- Provides the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the customer’s electrical distribution system.
- Provides technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical service for the consumer.
- Provide for connecting and disconnecting, installing and removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on customer’s facilities, i.e. transformers, transformer banks, regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc.
- Capable of investigating consumer complaints, and making repairs to energized electrical distribution lines.
- Must have an understanding of basic and advanced electrical principles, possess a working knowledge of customer’s specifications, be proficient in all phases of line construction, be capable of operating equipment necessary to complete jobs, ie. bucket truck and digger derrick.
- Must have a complement of lineman’s tools.
- Assume full responsibility for completed work, perform routine line work without close supervision, completing work with quality and timeliness.
- Must comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to MasTec's standard.
- Requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting in awkward positions, standing, twisting, reaching above should level, working in confined spaces, working off a pole or in a bucket
- Directly responsible for all personal actions and any personnel, vehicles, or equipment in their care, custody or control.
- Report all personal & vehicle accidents/incidents immediately to supervisors, cooperate and assist in the investigations of same.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- High school graduate or GED certificate
- Valid Drivers' License
- Must obtain a CDL class A driver’s license within 30 days of employment
- Pre-employment drug screen test is mandatory
- Advanced training in electrical principles would be an asset
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
Primary Location - TX-Austin
Schedule - Full-time
Lineman/Lineworker - Journey Level
2 - 5 years
High School or equivalent
Note: Some listings may also have apply info in the ad itself