Sr. Electric Distribution Engineer (Utility)
Perform a substantive role in the electrical distribution design, preparation of specifications, and field engineering related to assigned engineering projects under the supervision of the incumbent's immediate supervisor or other designated professional engineer.
Overview of Duties
- Design various electrical distribution systems of varying size and complexity under the direction of the incumbent's supervisor or other professional engineer. Activities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Detailed design and budgetary estimates.
- Equipment specification, proposal evaluation and requisitioning.
- Engineering calculations to assure safety and performance of equipment and systems.
- Acquisition of on-site measurements and other field data to accomplish the design or enable the evaluation of equipment performance.
- Responsible for distribution design and engineering in client's geographic information systems (GIS) and work management systems (WMS) as required.
- Coordinating equipment delivery and design engineering to meet construction schedules.
- Checking completed job for adequacy of design and documentation.
- Monitor the construction of various electrical distribution systems as assigned to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Activities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Monitor construction work to ensure conformance with project design plans and specifications.
- Monitor work to ensure compliance with applicable engineering and construction codes and practices.
- Aid in evaluation and approval of contractor's invoices.
- Aid in receiving, inspection, and approval of equipment and materials.
- Perform economic analyses of engineering alternatives.
- Prepare reports and feasibility studies for submission to management.
- Serve as project coordinator or project engineer on assigned projects.
- Promote efficient flow of information and ensure complete and accurate record keeping.
- Be familiar with the company's design/drawing system, ANSI standards, National Electrical Safety Code, and the company's and client's design and construction standards.
- Shall keep informed of current developments in the area of responsibility.
- Achieve weekly billable goal as defined by the project guidelines
- Perform other department duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or engineering technology (Power Delivery preferred).
- 3 - 5 years of demonstrated experience in the electrical distribution engineering field preferred. 8+ years and requisite experience for senior engineer designation.
- Additional client/state specific requirements may apply.