Journeyman Lineman - Foreman
Manage line crew in a safe efficient and productive manner. Comply with and enforce company and industry safety rules and operating procedures
- You are the designated competent person for your crew; you must be able to identify hazards and take corrective action when necessary
- Understand and perform all functions of power line construction, re-conducting, conversions, transformer connections and specs.
- Able to perform lineman essential functions when necessary.
- Customer and labor effective communication.
- Job planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and assign responsibility to crew members in an efficient manner.
- Ability to motivate individuals.
- Ability to follow specific job requirements and recognize potential dangers.
- Ability to train employee and assess weaknesses and strengths within each crew member.
- Communicate daily with crew members on changing conditions such as schedules, job location, job requirements and hazards.
- Work long and irregular hours to restore service.
- Travel long distances when needed; work out of town and/or state when necessary.
- Drive utility vehicles (CDL drivers only); while following operating instructions, safety standards, guidelines and DOT responsibilities.
- Must be able to operate all safety equipment and initiate emergency action plan if necessary.
- Must be trained and able to perform pole top rescue when needed.
- Must be trained and able to perform CPR.
- Have a thorough knowledge of lockout-tagout procedures, insulate and isolate practices, switching procedures and placing and removing grounds.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations & commitments, including Daily Competent Person
- Inspections, PPE requirements, trenching and shoring work practices and controls are in place, line connections - phase orientations verified, equipment dielectric tests are up to date.
- Enforce all company and client policies and procedures
- Know and ensure that all equipment and grounding requirements are in place prior to the beginning of each job.
- Know and ensure proper procedures are followed when attaching or removing grounds, handling materials, setting poles, line stringing and wire pulling.
Licenses, Certifications, Credentials or other requirements.
- Experienced in all phases of line construction.
- Bucket and climbing experience.
- Commercial drivers license.
- Obtain CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Ability to directly supervise 3-12 employees
- Fundamental knowledge of electricity.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Works well with others.
- Able to read and write English
- Strong appreciation for the safety of self and co-workers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hea
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock.
- Able to train and hire employees.
- Ability to interview, hire, discipline and train employees.
Thank you for your interest in our wonderful company Willbros!
We are a trusted partner in the electrical and telecommunications construction industry. We provide a wide range of construction services including electrical transmission, distribution, substations and fiber optic cable installation.
Our commitment to customers and staff starts with a comprehensive Zero Tolerance Safety Policy. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured.** Willbros is an Equal Opportunity Employer