Overhead Electric Laborer/Groundman
MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec – Utility Services Group’s activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
We are currently seeking a Overhead Electric Laborer/Groundman. The Groundman role is the first step or learning phase in becoming an electrical worker. This position includes concentration on learning safety procedures, making up material, stocking trucks, keeping truck clean, and assisting other crew members in the everyday job functions at the direction of the foreman or journeyman in charge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn basic materials and equipment used in line construction.
- Provide assistance to the crew in completion of their duties.
- Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to MasTec or the customer, whichever standard is higher.
Qualifications Education and/or Experience
- Must have a valid Drivers' License with good driving history
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be willing and able to do physically demands tasks
- Must be able to work extended hours and some weekends and holidays
- Experience working on underground utilities projects
- Local candidates preferred as relocation assistance is not available for this position
Don’t miss this great opportunity!All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE). MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Primary Location - FL-Doral
Schedule - Full-time