Lineman Helper-1st Class
1. Dig holes, set anchors and assist in setting poles and stubs.
2. Perform miscellaneous cleaning, scraping, painting, rough carpenter work, cut grass, clear right-of-way, etc.
3. Excavate for foundations, install forms, mix concrete and assist in completing foundations and fences.
4. Load, unload and handle poles, wire, tools, materials, supplies, tackle, etc. and assist in handling material to and from stock.
5. Care for and prepare hand lines, block lines, etc.
6. Tend winch line when in operation.
7. Assist linemen, mechanics or others and tend lines necessary for raising tools and material.
8. Assist in assembling guys, crossarms, and other equipment on ground, and in pulling wire and guys.
9. Assist in the erection of steel, wood or other structures.
10. Assist in dismantling equipment removed from lines, substations, etc.
11. Handle and work from ladders.
12. Operate Company trucks and automobiles.
1. Lineman certification or equivalent education or experience preferred. Must meet all qualifications within six months after employment.
2. Within six months after employment, know Company's safety rules and complete OSHA mandated training including bucket rescue.
3. Know the location of, and be able to operate, all of the firefighting equipment. Know what kind of equipment to use on electrical, oil and other fires, within thirty days after employment.
4. Obtain/Maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
-Know Company's safety rules, and be able to administer all approved methods of resuscitation, and be able to render practical first aid on or off the ground.
-Know the location of, and be able to operate, all of the firefighting equipment. Know what kind of equipment to use on electrical, oil and other fires.
-Maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License
-Have a thorough working knowledge of electric transmission and distribution circuits and related equipment including Switchman certification.
-Have thorough knowledge of hot line tools and their application.
-Be able to read and understand all wiring diagrams and blueprints as related to transmission and distribution construction and maintenance.
-Fully understand and be proficient in using technology needed to perform job such as computers, tablets and associated software.
-Accurately identify and record all changes to constructed jobs according to Company requirements.
-Must have full use of mental and physical faculties.
-Have strength and endurance adequate for arduous labor in all kinds of outdoor weather conditions.
-Be able to work at heights and close spaces.
-Good hand-eye coordination and physical dexterity.
Helper Lineman: 0 years
Apprentice Lineman: 1 year lineman experience required
4th Class Lineman: 2 years lineman experience required
3rd Class Lineman: 3 years lineman experience required
2nd Class: 4 years lineman experience required
1st Class: 5 years lineman experience required
Successful completion of the EEI CAST TEST REQUIRED.
**Candidates selected to take the CAST Test will be invited via e-mail. If you are CAST Recommended, please note it on your resume.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.