South Carolina Electric & Gas has openings for Apprentice Linemen for Electric Distribution Operations & Power Delivery Transmission Operations in the North and St. Matthews/Denmark/St. George service territories.
- The Electric Distribution Operations position is available in the North and St. Matthews or the St. George service territory and is responsible for assisting with the construction, operation and maintenance of overhead and underground electric lines on our distribution system.
- The Power Delivery Transmission Operations position is available in Denmark, South Carolina. This position is responsible for assisting with the construction and maintenance of overhead electric transmission lines from 46 KV to 230 KV. It should be noted that candidates applying for this position must be comfortable climbing structures between 60 and 220 feet in height and working in remote areas including swamps, marshes, and rough terrain.
- Regularly climb and work from utility poles and other tall structures
- Safely handle and manipulate heavy, bulky equipment and materials
- Be available to respond to callouts and urgent needs 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Work outside in inclement weather conditions
- Consistently adhere to safety rules to work in proximity of high and low voltage electric equipment
- Successfully complete the four (4) year apprenticeship training program which includes both written and hands-on instruction
- High School diploma accredited by an organization that is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or one of the entities recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Education or a GED
- Valid SC driver's license with a good driving history
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL-Class A) within six (6) months of hire
- Excellent physical condition, strong mechanical skills, and the ability to work long hours during emergency or storm restoration situations
- Be available to work after hours, scheduled overtime, and callout work
- Live within a 20-mile radius (or 30-minute drive) of the position’s service territory/work location
- Be physically and mentally capable of climbing and working from utility poles
Equal Employment Opportunity
SCANA and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, affirmative action employers. Our jobs are open to all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Please submit your online application on or before Sunday, April 8, 2018.