Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for the construction and maintenance of electric substations; implement policies and procedures.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of staff involved in technical duties associated with construction, troubleshooting, maintenance, testing and repair of electric substations.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for equipment, materials, supplies, and services; monitor and control expenditures.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures and conduct performance evaluations.
- Participate in the review and comment of engineering drawings and schematics related to the construction of electric substations.
- Maintain records associated with electrical work and infrastructure including electrical drawings, regulatory and procedural requirements, electrical planning and safety assessments.
- Coordinate, review and monitor the work of contractors involved in the maintenance, testing, modification and construction of substations.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and environmental requirements and District policies and procedures.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other District employees, outside agencies, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: Five years of increasingly responsible experience in the construction and maintenance of electrical substations; including one year providing technical and functional supervision over assigned personnel.
Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade. Associate's Degree in engineering, electrical theory, or a related field is preferred.
Qualified applicants must submit a completed District application and responses to the attached supplemental questionnaire. In addition, a resume describing experience and qualifications for the position is recommended. Apply immediately. Position will be open until filled. The Modesto Irrigation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.