Exciting opportunity for a Safety Engineer! Do you eat, sleep, and breath safety and always seem to be able to help people practice safety better? Do you have a knack for training best practices? Then this job may be for you!
MYR Group Inc., one of the oldest and largest electrical contractors in the country has an opportunity for a Safety Engineer at its Harrisburg, PA location.
Our Safety Engineers work to ensure all MYR employees uphold the core value of safety by implementing and maintaining safety programs. A successful Safety Engineer will develop positive professional relationships while working closely with field personnel, all levels of management and outside agencies during all phases of construction. This will be a field position encompassing worksites throughout the assigned project area and will require up to 70% travel.
Why should you work for MYR Group? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Safety Engineers have excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental & Vision insurance, Paid Vacation & holidays, Company paid Life Insurance and a 401K. If you were to ask our Safety Engineers why they like working for MYR Group, chances are they would say, “We’re big and small at the same time, employee contributions are recognized at both the local and corporate levels. These are characteristics that provide an ideal environment for employees to learn, grow and develop.”
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
Safety Engineer Duties:
- Act as a liaison between management, outside local safety agencies, and insurance carriers
- Coordinate with district operation personnel to establish safety standards
- Create a system for communicating safety and health issues to include:
- 1) General employee/department safety meetings
- 2) Formal safety training for safe work practices
- 3) Posting of various safety communications
- 4) Development of a safety suggestion system
- Coordinate, monitor, and provide technical support for district safety committees
- Coordinate and conduct periodic job site visits of all crews to identify unsafe work conditions and practices
- Document and communicate site visit information
- Coordinate other supplemental inspections whenever new processes, equipment, substances, or previously unrecognized hazards are found to be present
- Verify that corrective measures are completed, including recommendations of the safety committee, insurance carrier, and/or other safety consultant
- Review and complete corrective actions for all injury and illness investigation reports
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
- The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office or field location
Safety Engineer Skills/Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with electrical Transmission and Distribution line construction projects required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of OSHA and other industry related safety regulations required
- Journeyman Lineman experience working with (overhead) transmission and distribution line construction highly preferred
- Safety or related technical undergraduate degree preferred (such as CSP)
- Safety related credentials (i.e. OSHA 501, OTI certifications, etc.) preferred
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- test(3/29) pt. 2