Electrical Engineer I
Plan, direct and supervise the work of the Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Staff in maintaining a wide variety of electrical, controls, motors and instrumentation equipment throughout the Mining and Milling operations and support facilities. Effectively maintain the plant electrical systems to consistently support budgeted production goals and operations. Particular areas of concern are motor/starter/swtichgear selection, PLCs. VFDs and training/troubleshooting skills.
- Provide direction and supervision of department maintenance personnel; inspect and review the work of subordinates.
- Develop, prioritize and implement both scheduled and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Provide electrical engineering support to maintenance and facility.
- Provide training troubleshooting skills.
- Specify and supervise procurement of electrical materials and rebuilds.
- Provide support and management of large rotating machinery maintenance.
- Specify and manage electrical projects and contractors.
- Coordinate and emphasize a preventative maintenance program; including order supplies and necessary materials.
- Monitor and ensure safe work practices and safety compliance within department personnel; develop safe work practices and procedures; emphasize and promote an attitude of safe and proper work practices within the department.
- Communicate with production and other maintenance department supervision on a daily basis to effectively prioritize tasks and provide feedback on work requirements and progress.
- Provide technical skills and knowledge to assist in timely and competent troubleshooting and repairs to equipment.
- Instruct and oversee training and development of junior level electricians to journey level.
- Perform safety and environmental inspections and maintain records as required for regulating agencies and company policies.
- Coordinate and oversee new installation and project work; including developing and order necessary supplies, materials and equipment.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling department budget costs, electrical repairs and maintenance costs within the operating budgets.
- Coordinate and oversee onsite contractors in performance of maintenance work and projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Skilled in design/maintenance of high tech industrial electronic devices.
- Capability to logically diagnose electrical problems and perform troubleshooting with sound, effective methodology.
- Knowledge of power distribution systems.
- Knowledge of safe electrical work practices and procedures.
- Ability to work in a unionized environment.
- Ability to operate electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Ability to diagnose problems and troubleshoot PLC based electrical controls.
- Knowledge of electrical protective relaying applications and maintenance.
- Ability to provide effective oral and written communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 0-2 years experience
A core value of ASARCO LLC is “Safety First.” The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen (hair analysis).
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.