Engineer 1 (Electrical)
AECOM at Kennedy Space Center, Florida is in search of an Engineer 1 (Electrical). This is an entry level position. The successful candidate will perform a variety of engineering assignments for Electrical Power including: project planning, cost estimates, schedule development, conceptual and detailed design, and evaluating test procedures. The individual will have direct oversight and responsibility for assigned systems working closely with both technical crafts in maintaining the overall health of the assigned systems while also working with design engineering on new projects and modifications. Major projects will be worked under the lead of senior engineers.
1. Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks under some supervision. Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
2. Design a portion or section of an analysis or design review.
3. Generate sections of design specifications of more complex projects or complete specifications of less complex projects.
4. Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
5. Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
6. Conduct site visits and investigate engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
7. Prepare, deliver and submit technical presentations for in process design and review meetings.
8. Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
9. Develop drawings and visual aids for projects including protective relaying, Motor Controls, Switchgear, Power Transformers, Emergency Generators, Photovoltaic cells, UPS/Battery systems, VFD's, Lightning Protection, Grounding and Electrical Bonding, Lighting Design, facility power distribution systems (panelboards, wiring, conduits and end devices).
10. Research and apply building code, regulatory and industry code requirements
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, or related scientific field plus 0 -1 year of job-related experience or equivalent.
Proficient in the use of computers for making engineering calculations, spreadsheets, and report writing. Capable of using spreadsheets, word processing and standard office software. Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (examples include software such as CADD, AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.).
Good communication skills for discussion of work with senior staff and clients.
Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. US Citizenship required for unescorted access to assigned work area(s). Must be able to successfully pass a National Agency Check w/Inquiries.
NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE .
The Institutional Services Contract (ISC) ends on September 30, 2018. The successor contract will be awarded as the Base Operations Support Services (BOSS) Contract.
O&M experience in electrical systems preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
_NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.