Foreman - UG Distribution
Sumter Utilities, Inc. (a Quanta Services company) seeks Distribution Foremen for long term expansion on the Duke Energy System in South Carolina. Successful candidates will possess existing Underground Distribution experience as a Crew Foreman or long-term experience as a Journeyman Lineman able to demonstrate readiness to grow into a Foreman role. Preference may be given to candidates who are able to bring along additional qualified candidates to form entire crews. SAFETY IS A CORE VALUE FOR OUR COMPANY so substantial weight will be given in the selection process to candidates demonstrating their shared commitment to safe operations.
We offer competitive wages, paid vacation & holidays and a full benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision, both Company Paid & Supplemental Life Insurance as well as Optional Critical Care Insurance and LifeLock Identity Protection. For any employee hired in 2017, benefits are available beginning January 1, 2018. For any employee hired in 2018, benefits are available the 1st day of the next month following their hire date. We also offer a 401k Plan with a substantial company match.
Possession of a valid Class A CDL is PREFERRED. Those hired without a CDL may be required to obtain within 90 days of employment.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Provide direct supervision & technical guidance to Linemen, Apprentices and Groundmen performing maintenance & construction on all electrical distribution and associated equipment projects.
- Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization.
- Communicate, demonstrate and enforce safety requirements and best practices.
- Possess comfort level with using new technologies (mobile devices/apps) and/or show willingness to learn. Such tools are bringing Jobsite access to improved information and efficiencies.
- Manage supplies, materials and equipment.
- Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the construction of a pole line and other electrical material and equipment used for distribution line construction projects.
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, and scopes of work.
- Communicate directly with General Foremen, Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Line Crews and other project personnel as required.
- Understand and follow detailed construction schedules.
- Possess High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints and scopes of work
- Able to coordinate & collaborate effectively with multiple levels within company...from fellow field professionals to back office support functions.
- Willing to travel and work away from home.
- Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers, and groundwork with utility crews is required.
- Ability to work at heights up to and above 60 feet preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, demonstrate & encourage teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace.
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimal Customer Service.
- Be willing/able to work additional hours, when required.
- Be willing/able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Have total commitment to safety and compliance.
Sumter Utilities Inc. is an Equal Opportunity - Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace Employer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.