Electrical Engineer - Power Supply Design
Harris Corporation is seeking a Power Supply Design Engineer to design the next generation of space, military, and commercial power supplies.
The applicant will be responsible for
- Design, test, and troubleshooting of power and analog circuits.
- Schematic entry, simulation, and analysis of power and analog circuits.
- Assist is proper PWB layout for power and analog circuits.
- Perform worst-case analysis on power and analog circuits.
- Writing performance specifications.
- Producing technical documentation including: review materials for customers, performance requirements, test plans, and analysis reports.
- Interface with multi-disciplinary teams to execute a design objectives.
- 6+ years with BS/BA (Bachelors) in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of electronic power design, devices, control loop theory, thermal management, custom magnetics design, PWB layout and EMI filtering.
- Experience with SPICE tools, MathCAD, Concept, and Allegro tools preferred.
- Practical hands-on experience including AC/DC and DC/DC power conversion with various topologies (isolated and non-isolated) that meet the power and EMI requirements described under MIL-STD-1275, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, and DO-160 is preferred.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to mentor and train less experienced engineers.
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to obtain a Security Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Location: USA - FL - Palm Bay
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018