DACON is the construction business unit of Dashiell, specializing in the construction of high and medium-voltage electrical infrastructure. DACON has completed hundreds of green field substation and substation modification projects up to 500kV from site preparation through energization. In addition to necessary high voltage construction skills; DACON employees have unique capabilities with regards to control wiring, equipment testing, bus welding and power cable installation. We are unique in the diversity of our skills gained through past project engagements. More information about DACON can be found at www.dashiell.com.
The Journeyman Lineman position is based out of our Deer Park, TX office, located at 1300 Underwood Deer Park, TX 77536, with travel to be expected.
The Journeyman Lineman will work on projects in the utility or industrial setting and perform work that consists of installing electrical substations, pole lines, transmission lines, and high voltage cable trays and cables.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
- Construct and maintain substations, both overhead and underground lines, and transmission lines
- Install and maintain transformers and related equipment
- Set towers and pole lines
- Supervise Groundsmen and Apprentices at the job site
- Promote safe behavior by following Company and Customer safety policies and OSHA requirements
- Participate in the planning of projects
- Travel out of town to remote job sites
- Other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
Must presently be qualified as a Journeyman Lineman with a minimum of 2 years of experience. Experience can be from work involving distribution, transmission, or substations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, man lifts, crane trucks, and other utility equipment is preferred.
- Must be able to work overtime and travel
- Must posses a current driver's license / CDL license prior to hire
- Possession of a valid Class A CDL is a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship. No third party recruiters, please.