Junior Power & Electrical Engineer
Penn Power Group is hiring an Application Engineer.
In this position your primary responsibility is to provide commercial and technical support for the Sales Team in order to drive new equipment orders as well as post-sale field project management from order intake through commissioning. You will be expected to provide technical support to different projects in the formulation and validation of work plans; monitor and influence the performance of planning, engineering, design and construction efforts in accordance with the plans and assist in data gathering and analysis for the reporting on project progress, scheduled deliverables and budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews contract to determine documentation required for each phase of the project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Reviews and verifies project documentation and proposals for completeness, format, value and compliance with contract requirements.
- Discusses layout and assembly problems with engineer.
- Maintain corporate database as required to accomplish the job and as directed by management.
- Assist customers, engineers, and contractors with electrical and mechanical integration of power systems equipment and components through stages of project development, installation, field start-up, training, and on-going customer support. - Devise new approaches to problems and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts, and graphs to overcome challenges and meet project specific requirements.
- Develop project specific functional requirements and technical specifications to integrate equipment into complete power systems solutions.
- Solicit and evaluate electrical and mechanical equipment and component proposals to meet established specifications.
- Develop and manage equipment and component schedules, bill of material(s), schematics and delivery schedules.
- Develop detailed design drawings including P&ID’s, drawings, and logic diagrams.
- Develop Operations and Maintenance manuals and supervise documentation creation for standard systems as well as project specific requirements.
- Perform and provide technical support to assist and participate in maintenance, diagnostic evaluation, and problem resolution of systems.
- Travel: Less than 20%
- Work through and with the Sales Team to:
- Develop technical and commercial proposals for consideration by the Customers.
- Provide technical support to customers throughout design, submittal, installation, commissioning, and startup of mechanical and electrical equipment provided by NES-WES.
- Have and/or develop knowledge as required to understand mechanical and electrical concepts related to power generation, distributed generation, switchgear, balance of plant systems integration required for energy management and energy efficiency markets.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Marine or Systems Engineering from an ABET accredited university is highly desirable - Industry or related industry experience is mandatory
- Mechanical equipment and components system design, CAD, programming, operations and/or commissioning with engines, generators, turbines, pumps, boilers, gases, piping, systems
- Direct involvement with moving mechanical systems and energized electrical circuits
- Ability to produce and understand P&ID, electrical 1-line diagrams, process schematics, and flow charts
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office, networks, operating systems and Internet communications
- High energy, self-starter capable of initiating, building, and sustaining productive relationships
- Good communicator (oral, written, presenting) and team player.
- Results driven: Taking ownership, sense of urgency, hands-on when and where necessary, pro-active
- Manage high workload: Multi-tasking, multi-organizing, delivering contributions to multiple projects with sometimes conflicting resource requirements
- Strong computer skills
- Strong service quality mindset; do it right the first time
- Good problem solving skills
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S Permanent Resident status Penn Power Group is a federal contractor and has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified veterans.
We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact email@example.com or 215 335 0500 ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted.