Journeyman Underground Lineman
Journeyman Underground Lineman - 18931 MasTec Utility Services provides a full range of infrastructure construction services to the electric, telecommunication, and oil and gas industries. With offices across the country, and an extensive fleet of specialized construction equipment, we have the resources needed to reliably deliver quality work for even the most complicated utility infrastructure construction jobs. With us, you will be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, opportunities are limitless.
We are always searching for great new talent, including Linemen (underground) to support our field operations. Our linemen perform diversified construction work and maintain poles, power lines, auxiliary facilities, and equipment for the distribution of electricity, troubleshooting systems with skill. Our linemen are also capable of and prepared to perform the various duties of groundmen to class A apprentice linemen. Occasionally our linemen temporarily fill in for the Foreman.
Our Ideal Linemen:
- Provide the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the customer’s electrical distribution system.
- Provide technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical service for the consumer.
- Provide for connecting and disconnecting, installing and removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on customer’s facilities, i.e. transformers, transformer banks, regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc.
- Investigate consumer complaints, and making repairs to energized electrical distribution lines.
- Understand basic and advanced electrical principles, possess a working knowledge of customer’s specifications, be proficient in all phases of line construction, be capable of operating equipment necessary to complete jobs, ie. bucket truck and digger derrick.
- Have a complement of lineman’s tools.
- Assume full responsibility for completed work, perform routine line work without close supervision, completing work with quality and timeliness.
- Comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to MasTec's standards.
Our Supervisory Linemen also:
- Are directly responsible for all personal actions and any personnel, vehicles, or equipment in their care, custody, or control.
- Report all personal and vehicle actions/incidents immediately to supervisors, cooperating and assisting in the investigations of same. In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, we offer competitive pay, medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, and employee stock discounts.
Qualifications All qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma (or GED certificate), valid driver's license, and be able to lift up to 50-lbs. All candidates selected for hire must successfully pass our company drug screen, and obtain a Class A CDL within 30 days of employment (if not already in possession of one).
Apply Today to Join Our Linemen Talent Pool
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.