Electrical Engineer in Training
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our NYC office is looking for another Electrical EIT to join the team. Responsibilities include,
• Assists Senior Engineers in evaluating the desired goal of the electrical system and developing, designing, or selecting the required equipment for power, controls, and communication systems.
• Will assist in developing electrical one-line diagrams, power and lighting layout drawings and electrical detail drawings.
• Will also assist in load flow analysis, voltage drop calculations, developing lighting photometric models and performing electrical power studies (Short Circuit, Coordination and Arc Flash Evaluation).
• Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
• Use computer aided tools such as AutoCAD, Microstation, REVIT and BIM to help produce design documents.
• Use SKM or ETAP to help model electrical power studies.
• Will familiarize with National Electric Code, Building Code, Fire and Life Safety Codes, IEEE Standards and all other project related regulations.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- At least a 3.0 GPA is required
- A previous design internship with power system is preferred
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles and prescribed methods.
- Ability to efficiently utilize time in executing assigned tasks accurately and on time.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.