Strata Solar is a leading developer, builder, owner, and operator of commercial and utility-scale solar farms; ranked amongst the top five solar producers in the US. We understand that our employees are the lifeblood of the company. We strive to align company goals with those of our employees. We're constantly innovating to make a difference for our customers, our employees, and our planet. Our mission is to make a difference by developing cost-efficient alternatives to traditional energy sources, without long-term dependence on government subsidies. We’re leading the south in sustainable energy careers. We hope you’ll join us.
The Electrical Superintendent will be responsible for providing coordination, planning, and supervision to forepersons, contractors, and craft activities on a utility scale solar site. Develop and enhance customer relationships by providing superior service.
This position is for all solar projects in the United States. Must be willing to travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the high quality installation of electrical portions of project; including underground cabling, mod to mod wiring, and DC collection system
- Provide drawing, constructability, submittal reviews, and feedback with the engineering team, verifying that the quality of materials, equipment, and workmanship conforms to the specifications and updates of the contract documents
- Work with Construction Manager and Project Manager in development of project schedules and updates, and creation of 3 week look-ahead
- Ensure work teams have needed resources and support
- Supervise and ensure quality control of work team, including self-performed and subcontracted work
- Manage the interface with appropriate personnel concerned with the connection of the project power grid to the existing transmission system
- Attend and participate in project meetings, and provide liaison between engineers and contractors and craft workers to ensure electrical components of the project comply with drawings and specifications
- Coach, mentor and train field personnel, forepersons, and assistant superintendents
- Establish and nurture teamwork environment within the project team
- Provide work direction and performance evaluations
- Identify hiring needs and participate in hiring, discipline, and dismissal decisions as needed
- Develop leadership potential through appropriate task assignments and career growth opportunities
- Maintain relationships with all visitors to the site: customers, architects, subcontractors, et al.
- Manage site work and logistics efficiently, providing suggestions for improvement
Oversight of electrical sub-contractors
- Review/monitor subcontractors procurement of electrical resources, methods, staffing, look-ahead schedules and coordination with other site activities
- Work with engineering staff to ensure plans, specifications, submittals and RFIs are transmitted to subcontractors accurately and timely
- Monitor Safety, Quality, and Efficiency of subcontracted work on every project
- Ensure subcontract crews have resources and support
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years supervisory experience
- Proficiency in the installation, testing, acceptance, maintenance, and repair of DC and medium voltage cables
- Knowledgeable about current injection, Hi-pot, capacitance discharge, contact resistance, Megger, TTR, Doble, and other methods of cable and equipment testing
- Possess working knowledge of electrical drawings, sketches, and prints, underground duct banks, trenching, manholes and vaults for collection systems, underground and pad mount transformer usage, SCADA systems used in the power industry.
- 5 plus years of supervising self-perform electrical experience.
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent or related experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: Work is performed in an office environment and in the field. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, twist and lift up to 20 pounds.
No third party solicitations will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.