Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world’s top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently—as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water’s potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we’re helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water’s vast potential.
Stantec’s Rocklin, CA office is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our Water group.
The ideal candidate will provide world class Electrical Instrumentation and Controls (EI&C) consulting engineering design and project management services for a variety of clients locally and globally in a dynamic and diversified team environment. You will work with junior and intermediate engineering and design staff to deliver high quality designs on time and on budget. You will report to an EI&C Team Lead Engineer.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Independently complete EI&C engineering tasks for small projects and lead a small team of EI&C engineers and designers for larger projects.
- Prepare feasibility, conceptual and detailed design of electrical, instrumentation and control (EI&C) systems for water and wastewater collection, treatment and pumping facilities.
- Prepare power distribution analysis and design of Water/Wastewater facility substations, generator systems, grounding, switchgear, motor control centers, variable frequency drives, metering, protection and controls.
- Instrumentation/Controls analysis and design of facility-wide DCS and PLC-based process automation, data acquisition, trending and alarming systems.
- Design lighting, fire alarm and security systems for Water/Wastewater facilities.
- Prepare reports, studies, specifications, drawings and other design documents.
- Work with and interface effectively with other engineering disciplines (Architectural, Process, Civil, Structural, Mechanical).
- Complete field reviews of designs under construction, and prepare construction review documentation.
- Participate in commissioning-related activities and provide engineering-level direction to the commissioning team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in EI&C systems design in an engineering consulting environment with relevant experience in Water/Wastewater related infrastructure.
- Currently registered as a Professional Engineer (PE).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and functional understanding of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Functional working knowledge of SKM PTW, ETAP and/or EasyPower software.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Strong commitment to the engineering profession and willingness to promote our profession through community outreach and service.
- Is able to work 40 hours or more per week and has availability to meet with clients, management and staff when needed.
This position requires travel to meet engagement/client requirements. Travel scope may include regional, national or international based on the contracted requirements. Independent travel is required, with travel comprising up to 25% of the work month.