Apprentice Lineman C
MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec – Utility Services Group’s activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec is currently seeking a Apprentice Lineman C in Wilmington NC.
- Provides the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the customer’s electrical distribution system.
- Perform duties including; connecting and disconnecting, installing and removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on customer’s facilities, i.e. transformers, transformer banks, regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc.
- Investigate consumer complaints, and making repairs to energized electrical distribution lines.
- Assume full responsibility for completed work, perform routine line work without close supervision, completing work with quality and timeliness.
- Comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to MasTec's standards.
- Capable of and prepared to perform the various duties of groundman to Class A Apprentice Lineman
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License
- Basic understanding of electrical principles
- Possess a CDL class A driver’s license or obtain one within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Experience working as a Lineman
- Advanced training in electrical principles
Don't miss this great opportunity!
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
Primary Location - NC-Wilmington Schedule - Full-time