Assistant Electrical Engineer - Transmission Planning
Our Electrical Engineers are responsible for performing tasks requiring the application of standard electrical engineering techniques and procedures. This includes standard design of electrical systems, assisting lead engineers with various project duties, and other duties as assigned.
Opportunities as an Electrical Engineer exist in multiple market segments and locations. Specific assignments and project work varies depending on the market segments and locations. Please see below for information on each market:
Work includes analysis of electrical transmission systems, including running models, simulations and report writing. Projects include generation interconnection studies, load flow analysis, dynamic studies and distribution master plan support
- Pursuit or completion of Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program, Masters in Electrical Engineer preferred.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Experience using industry software (ProMod, PSS/E, WindMil, PSLF, MUST, SKM, TARA, Aspen, PSCAD, PowerWorld) preferred.
- Involvement on campus or in the community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located.
Schedule Full-time Travel Yes, 5 % of the Time
Primary Location US-MO-Kansas City
Other Locations US-GA-Atlanta, US-CT-Wallingford, US-AZ-Phoenix, US-CA-Brea, US-TX-Houston