Power Distribution Electrical Engineer 2
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. (H&M) is a leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Communications, Oil & Gas Pipeline, and Gas Distribution markets throughout North America. Founded in 1923, H&M brings yesterday’s experience to the evolving infrastructure needs of today. We consistently rank in the top ten of Engineering News-Record’s Specialty Contractors and have been recognized with an E.I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award for our safety performance.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc., one of the most reliable and innovative firms in utilities engineering and construction, is currently seeking a Power Distribution Electrical Engineer 2 to be part of the Technical Services group team. Successful candidates will provide design and technical skills to a team of engineers, designers, and planners to participate in a variety of power utility oriented projects.
- Under general direction, perform professional electrical engineering design
- Participate in development of DSP, Rule 20, conductor replacement, structure replacements, and other major Overhead and Underground projects.
- Participate in all aspects of a design- build or Engineer Procurement Construction (EPC) project life cycle from estimating to as-builds.
- Review project requirements to determine necessary resources, time lines and budgets to ensure technical and safety expectations are realized to meet both, customer and internal specifications.
- Meet with or update Customer and H&M management weekly on the project status.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed designs, drawings and specifications to customer requirements.
- Prepare construction plans, material lists, and cost estimates for electrical distribution overhead and underground projects.
- Ability to work multiple projects at the same time and meet all requirements. Communicate and resolve any design issues with customers.
- Comply with all safety requirements- reinforce all internal and external safety practices and policies. (e.g., OSHA, NEC, PPE, etc.).
- Meet with clients to gather technical requirements.
- Prepare manual redline drawings when required.
- Prepare electronic drawings using computer aided drafting systems when required.
- Fill out Wind Loading / Pole Loading forms.
- Coordinate access to professional/private facilities (e.g., schools, hospitals, military bases, etc.) when applicable.
- Perform field site meets; meet with developers, customers, local agencies as required
- Understanding of local, county, state permit requirements (e.g., Traffic Control, encroachment, Right Of Way, easement, etc.).
- Field check design layouts.
- Office check designs and redline changes.
- Recognize process waste and suggest changes.
- 5 years of power distribution experience in a utility, consulting, or construction environment
- Knowledge of Power Distribution Design Standards, Power Overhead and Underground Construction Standards, Power Electrical Service Requirements, California PUC General Order 95, General Order 128, and Joint Pole Handbook.
- Familiarity with maintenance and operation of electrical overhead (OH) and underground (UG) electrical distribution facilities, energized at voltages between 0 - 50KV.
- Experience using electrical engineering analysis software on a utility setting. Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Autodesk AutoCAD,
- BSEE preferably with power option
- Current California Professional Engineering License (PE)
- Proficient in ETAP, O-Calc, PLS-CADD, DM, AUD, IQUE, DPSS, GIS, FIM, or Spida-Calc software
- Experience and knowledge of Southern California Edison, San Diego Gas & Electric, or Pacific Gas & Electric system design and construction requirements.
- Current or prior approval to access SDG&E or SCE computer systems.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
2 - 5 years
High School or equivalent
Note: Some listings may also have apply info in the ad itself