Senior Energy Auditor
Job description Bright Power is seeking an experienced senior energy engineer or energy auditor to work on challenging energy and water efficiency projects in multifamily buildings. The candidate should be very self-motivated, enjoy working with and designing systems, adapt quickly to new technologies, and get a kick out of finding energy and water savings opportunities in the world around them. The candidate will be part of a small but rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area office, serving our clients who own and manage multifamily properties in the Western half of the United States.
At Bright Power, we believe meaningful difference in climate change and droughts will only be realized if we make it easy for building owners and if we hold ourselves accountable to the savings we promise. Our approach is simple: we find energy and water problems in buildings, we fix them, and follow up to make sure the solutions worked. Behind the scenes, our unique combination of software, analytics, engineering, and contracting makes it all happen. If you have a can-do problem-solving attitude and are excited to join a company of the brightest minds working on energy and water in buildings, then apply to join our team!
Ideal candidate should have
- Experience assessing energy- and water-related systems commonly found in multifamily buildings
- High proficiency in Excel and excellent computer skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Team-oriented approach, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Creative problem-solving ability
- At least 5+ years of energy/water auditing experience
- Existing relationships with California real estate professionals, service contractors, utility program implementers, product vendors, energy/water efficiency or renewable professionals, etc.
- Experience with multifamily building types and associated mechanical systems
- Familiarity with California building code and energy code
- Experience working within government and utility incentive programs
- Familiarity with ‘Energy Upgrade California’ incentive programs
- Energy modeling software experience, especially Energy Pro
- Ability to calculate energy savings using industry-standard formulas
- Construction management experience
- Active participation in professional industry associations
About Bright Power
Bright Power provides strategic energy solutions to building owners and operators in New York and across the nation. Specializing in multifamily apartment buildings, Bright Power’s suite of services saves clients energy, money and time. Bright Power's energy management solutions include EnergyScoreCards benchmarking software, energy audits, energy procurement, solar energy, green building, and construction management of energy improvements. For more information please visit www.brightpower.com.
- Founded in 2004, headquarters in downtown Manhattan, 60+ employees, Oakland office founded in 2015
- Hard-working, casual work environment.
- Serious about delivering high-quality results, while having fun in the process.
- Standard business hours with some flexibility.
- “Realistic Idealists” working to change the world in pragmatic ways.
- Heating Systems (steam, hydronic, forced air)
- Cooling Systems (AC, commercial refrigeration)
- Lighting Systems (including motion sensors and other controls)
- Electrical Systems (motors, industrial machinery, controls)
- Renewable Energy (esp. solar PV, solar thermal, CSP, wind)
- Controls and Energy Management Systems
- Remote Monitoring
- Energy Modeling
Job sites have inherent hazards, based on the activities performed at the site. Protective equipment (such as: work-boots, safety glasses, hardhats, hearing protection, etc.,) may be required to be worn at times while on a job site, due to construction and safety hazards that may be present. The noise level may warrant hearing protection. Visits to Job Sites may result in exposures to various hazards (such as: to extreme heat (100+F in boiler rooms), carbon monoxide, asbestos, lead paint, moldy dusty attics/crawlspaces, fiberglass insulation, hot pipes and/or hot metal, or high noise levels, etc.). Employees must be capable of using protective equipment and following specific safety procedures, as needed.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision and hearing abilities may be required by this job, which include close vision and ability to adjust focus based on the task and surrounding activity. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The ability for the use of tools (such as: powered hand tools and other types of tools, including but not limited to combustion appliances, machinery and motors that have moving parts, belts, pulleys, elevators, motors, pumps and/or fans) may be required. Equipment for working at height (such as: ladders, mechanical lifts, etc.,) may be required to be used. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Bright Power provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bright Power complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Bright Power expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bright Power’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Salary commensurate with experience. Applications submitted without cover letters will not be considered.
5 -10 years
Note: Some listings may also have apply info in the ad itself