Transmission System Operator Trainer
Transmission System Operator Trainer
FirstEnergy at a Glance
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a diverse generating fleet with a total capacity of nearly 17,000 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
Candidates scheduled for an interview will be required to deliver a 15-minute presentation on a work-related topic. This topic is chosen and developed by the candidate ahead of time and presented during the interview.
Transmission System Operator Trainers are responsible for the research, development, coordination and revision of training programs. Employees in the job are seen as subject matter experts. They lead by example. educate and direct others on technical subject matters and possess the job skills and knowledge to excercise independant judgement on complex projects and assisgnments.
- Administering the System Operator training program in compliance with PJM/NERC standards
- Monitoring the development and delivery of training by internal and external personnel
- Monitoring PJM/NERC Reliability Standards changes and developing and updating training materials to remain in compliance
- Developing effective processess for evaluating training programs
- Ensuring operators maintain PJM/NERC certifications
- Providing documentation of compliance to PJM/NERC requirements
- Coordinating the auditing of of training activities to ensure continous process improvement
- Ensuring the Transmission Training & Development group maintains PJM/NERC Continuing Education Provider status
- Monitoring and evaluating student performance and providing remediation, counseling and tutoring services as needed
- Programming and Dispatchers Training Simulator, running emergency scenarios for personnel, and monitoring and evaluating employee performance on the simulator
- Representing the company at forums and industry group meetings
- Recommending and implementing solutions to complex issues and assignments
- Providing assistance during emergencies and storm related activities
- Works safely according to company policies and procedures
- Associates degree in a technical field
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of experience as a Transmission System Operator preferred
- Current NERC Transmission Operator or Reliability Operator certification or ability to be certified within two years
- Current PJM Transmission Operator certification or ability to be certified within two years required
- In-depth understanding of the Transmission Operations business
- Experience in training instruction is beneficial
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical abilities, involving complex problems; excercise sound judgement
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines
- Travel, as required
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Curriculum, Training, R&D, Business Process, Education, Research, Management