Overhead Electric Apprentice Lineman
Overhead Electric Apprentice Lineman - 18610
MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec – Utility Services activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
A Class A Apprentice Lineman should be able to perform diversified work construction and maintain poles, power lines, and auxiliary facilities and equipment for the transmission and distribution of electricity under the direct supervision of a lineman or foreman. Must be able to trouble shoot systems with skill. Must also be capable of and prepared to perform the various duties of Groundman to Class B Apprentice Lineman.
We are currently seeking Overhead Electric Apprentice Lineman to join our dynamic Team. If you're ready to Energize Your Future don't wait! Apply today!
- Provide the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the customer’s electrical distribution system.
- Provides technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical service for the consumer with quality and timeliness.
- Provides for connecting and disconnecting, installing and removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on customer’s facilities, ie transformers, transformer banks, regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc
- Capable of investigating customer complaints and making repairs to energized electrical distribution lines under the direct supervision of a lineman or foreman.
- Must have a compliment of lineman’s tools.
- Must always comply with a proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to MasTec of the customer, whichever standard is higher.
- Directly responsible for all personal actions and any vehicles or equipment in their care, custody or control.
- Report all personal & vehicle accidents/incidents immediately to supervisors cooperate and assist in the investigations of same.
- Responsible for timely submission of all Apprentice Program required documentation.
- High school graduate or GED certificate preferred.
- Advanced training in electrical principles would be an asset.
- Valid drivers license.
- Must have or willing to obtain a CDL Class A drivers license within 30 days of employment.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, twisting, reaching above shoulder level, working in confined spaces, working off a pole or in a bucket.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.Primary Location - TX-Austin Schedule - Full-time