Electrical Designer/ Engineer
Electrical Designer/Engineer – PCI Skanska
Join PCI Skanska and be part of a team that provides valued solutions that builds success for our clients and employees. Your role will include building and managing relationships with in-house teams, and contractors while providing electrical design and consulting services that are needed by facility managers and owners. Projects will include services for:
- Industrial Facilities
- Power Generation Facilities
- Manufacturing Facilities
What you’ll do:
Services that you will provide include electrical design for new and existing facilities, as well as assisting with construction coordination, and commissioning.
- Specific design related services include:
We’re looking for:
- BS in Electrical Engineering/Electrical Engineering Technology
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- 3-5 years work experience in an electrical or power utility field
- Applicants should have an AS degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology or work experience in an electrical/power utility field.
As an electrical designer/engineer on projects you will, in general, be required to demonstrate a high standard of professionalism, client focus/customer service, and ownership/responsibility; be resourceful and flexible, effective at handling multiple tasks; have good computer skills; have strong presentation, written, and verbal skills; have a strong level of attention to detail; and be able to effectively delegate or be delegated to while working in a collaborative format with multiple team members.
- Listen to our clients’ needs and independently provide value to our clients by evaluating options based upon the client’s needs and desires, first cost, life cycle cost, and energy usage.
- Communicate your design recommendations to our clients, project team or mentor in presentations, meetings, via email and phone as necessary.
- Work on project teams with other electrical staff to design and detail the needed electrical systems.
- Ensure that the electrical design on projects conform to the requirements of the applicable codes; including National Electrical Code (NEC), NFPA, and the International Building Code and International Energy Code
- Effectively utilize computer design software for design producing construction installation drawings.
- Provide timely services that meet the needs of the clients and the overall project schedule requirements while staying within a set budget and maintaining quality.
- Maintain appropriate contact and relationships with our existing clients so that they think of our firm when our services are needed.
- Be able to travel out of town a minimum of 20%.
- Lifting/carrying: Carrying light loads related to field measurement equipment, equipment cases weighing 15 lbs. or less.
- Dexterity: Ability to type using a keyboard with relative efficiency, ability to make handwritten notes and sketches indoors and outdoors at industrial plant and construction sites at any time of the year.
- Walking/Climbing: Ability to use multi-level stair towers and rung ladders unassisted.
- Visual Acuity: Ability to discern single line and 3 dimensional computer images representing objects being designed or drafted.
- Hearing: Ability to hear safety alarms and signals while wearing hearing protection.
- Physical exertion: Ability to walk up to one mile on industrial plant and construction sites outdoors at any time of the year. Ability to work in protective clothing which may elevate body temperatures by several degrees Fahrenheit for periods of up to 15 minutes without a break.
- Breathing: Ability to work while wearing a respirator or self-contained breathing apparatus
Developing your Career at Skanska, you will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
2 - 5 years
Note: Some listings may also have apply info in the ad itself