Exciting opportunity for a Safety Engineer! Do you eat, sleep, and breath safety and always seem to be able to help people practice safety better? Do you have a knack for training best practices? Then this job may be for you!
Our Safety Engineers work to ensure all MYR Group employees uphold the core value of safety by implementing and maintaining safety programs. A successful Safety Engineer will develop positive professional relationships while working closely with field personnel, all levels of management and outside agencies during all phases of construction. This will be a field position encompassing work sites throughout the NY area with occasional travel through the North East and will require up to 70% travel.
MYR Group Inc., one of the oldest and largest electrical contractors in the country has an immediate opportunity for a Safety Engineer for the Syracuse, NY district area. Why should you work for MYR Group? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Safety Engineers have excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental & Vision insurance, Paid Vacation & holidays, Company paid Life Insurance and a 401K. If you were to ask our Safety Engineers why they like working for MYR Group, chances are they would say, “We’re big and small at the same time, employee contributions are recognized at both the local and corporate levels. These are characteristics that provide an ideal environment for employees to learn, grow and develop.”
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
Safety Engineer Duties:
- Act as a liaison between management, outside local safety agencies, and insurance carriers
- Coordinate with district operation personnel to establish safety standards
- Create a system for communicating safety and health issues to include:
- General employee/department safety meetings
- Formal safety training for safe work practices
- Posting of various safety communications
- Development of a safety suggestion system
- Coordinate, monitor, and provide technical support for district safety committees
- Coordinate and conduct periodic job site visits of all crews to identify unsafe work conditions and practices
- Document and communicate site visit information
- Coordinate other supplemental inspections whenever new processes, equipment, substances, or previously unrecognized hazards are found to be present
- Verify that corrective measures are completed, including recommendations of the safety committee, insurance carrier, and/or other safety consultant
- Review and complete corrective actions for all injury and illness investigation reports
- Training and training documentation for contractors and sub-contractors
- Orientations as required
- Hazard identification and risk analysis
- Weekly attendance and participation on the customer safety calls
- Compliance with the customer's incident investigations and incident analyses program
- Ensuring the inspection and testing programs for tools and equipment are established, implemented, and routinely audited
- Review safety trending and as a result implement injury prevention programs as applicable from overall safety performance
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
- The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office location
Experience within the Transmission, Distribution and Substation electrical construction industry is essential to the success of this role.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within the electrical Transmission, Distribution line and substation construction projects or related projects required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of OSHA and other industry related safety regulations required
- Journeyman Lineman experience working with (overhead) transmission or distribution line construction highly preferred (projects are primarily distribution work)
- Safety or related technical undergraduate degree preferred
- Candidates will be required to have all of the following training and working knowledge: OSHA 10, 30 (construction site safety) NESC, Osha 1910.269, CPR/1st Aid and AED, Enclosed/confined space, Work Area Protection, Grounding Training, PHA/Process Safety Training
- Tap Root Trained highly desirable
- Ability or willingness to obtain OSHA 500's (500,510,511) and CUSP
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies, MYR Group and its subsidiary companies do not accept agency resumes unless they are from an approved vendor and submitted through our Third Party Recruiter Portal.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, company employees or any other company location. MYR Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.