Journeyman Lineman (Overhead)
MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec – Utility Services activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
Skilled Journeyman Linemen should be able to perform diversified work construction and maintain poles, power lines, and auxiliary facilities and equipment for the distribution of electricity. Must be able to trouble shoot systems with skill. Must also be capable of and prepared to perform the various duties of Groundman to Class A Apprentice Lineman. Should be able to temporarily fill in for the Foreman.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the customer’s electrical distribution system.
- Provides technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical service for the consumer.
- Provide for connecting and disconnecting, installing and removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on customer’s facilities, i.e. transformers, transformer banks, regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc.
- Capable of investigating consumer complaints, and making repairs to energized electrical distribution lines.
- Must have an understanding of basic and advanced electrical principles, possess a working knowledge of customer’s specifications, be proficient in all phases of line construction, be capable of operating equipment necessary to complete jobs, ie. bucket truck and digger derrick.
- Must have a complement of lineman’s tools
- Assume full responsibility for completed work, perform routine line work without close supervision, completing work with quality and timeliness.
- Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to MasTec's standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or GED certificate preferred.
- Advanced training in electrical principles would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must obtain a CDL class A driver’s license within 30 days of employment.
- Pre-employment drug screen test is mandatory.
- OSHA 10 hour course preferred.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, twisting, reaching above shoulder level, working in confined spaces, working off a pole or in a bucket.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
Primary Location - FL-Doral
Schedule - Full-time