Electrical Engineer I
Perform design engineering and analysis for less complex units under general supervision; is expected to assist in the design of larger and more complex units with additional experience.
- Assists senior stress engineers in setting up Stress Analysis Packages
- Assists piping Engineers with, setting up Piping Line List, Specialty Items List and pipe specification work.
- Learns to perform pipe stress calculations and analysis to verify that the piping design layouts are in compliance with the applicable codes.
- Learns the significance of Piping Codes and other piping engineering Standards and codes.
- Learns the applicable stress analysis software (Caesar-II)
- Learns to produce detailed design calculations, hand calculations or design reviews as required and marks up stress isometrics with relevant comments for piping design, civil structural and pressure vessel groups for their design purposes. Helps the lead piping engineering with project related documentation.
- Assists Piping Engineers with procurement activities, creates commodity codes, works to input the line classes in PDS system and MMS system
- 0 to 2 years of experience required
- B.S. in Mechanical, Chemical or Civil Engineering is required
- E.I.T. certification is preferred
- Previous internship experience is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.