Junior Electrical Engineer
The Junior Electrical Engineer is part of the Houston based Engineering team, they will work on a combination of sustaining activities and engineering project, including new product development. Under supervision, the Junior Electrical Engineer performs a variety of engineering work in designing, planning and testing of company- produced systems. The Junior Electrical Engineer may assist with in-house manufacturing / customer service training and project coordination.
- Provide fundamental technical support in design and development of various engineering tools and test programs, and specific assigned engineering projects.
- Assist with designing and testing electrical assemblies using CAD tools and lab test equipment
- Prototypes and modifies circuit boards for testing design concepts under senior electrical engineering supervision.
- Tests firmware code for design functionality.
- Researches electrical components and availability.
- Reviews, develops, and prepares project documentation following standards, practices, and use of engineering tools as recommended by governing department.
- Communicates with customers, third-party project representatives, and other company departments to meet assigned project requirements and schedule.
- Provide data collection, input and data management for engineering studies, projects and compliance requirements.
- Provide technical analysis, troubleshooting and solutions under the direction of an engineer or supervisor.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures and organizes work areas for efficiency and safety.
- Duties as required by engineering project teams.
- Provides status reports to management as required.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (B.S.E.) from four-year college or university in Electrical Engineering.
- One plus year experience, either working or internships/co-op, preferred not required.
- Have analytical skills to recognize patterns in data, information or events to draw logical Basic programming skills in C or C++ desired.
- Ability to use standard electrical test equipment such as Oscilloscopes and Multimeters.
- Ability to efficiently use all Microsoft Office products.
- Vibration experience is highly desirable.
- Hardware design: Familiar with selection and design with microprocessors, microcontrollers, DSPs and other digital circuit devices. Schematic capture, simulation, and PCB layout, and experience with low/micro power design a plus.
- Analog design: Familiar with analog hardware knowledge and troubleshooting skills. Experience with the design of analog filters and signal conditioning circuits is a plus.
- Embedded systems knowledge: Basic HW/SW integration testing, hardware performance tuning, embedded debugger tools. Working knowledge of c/c++ is desirable.
- Tools: experience with the following design tools a plus: ORCAD, PSPICE, IAR, Kiel, Code composer, Eagle and Autocad.
- Technology: Understanding of Piezoelectric sensor technology.
- Travel: Minimal
- Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock when in the operations or laboratory areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability