Groundman 1st Year Job
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Groundman 1st Year that will be located at Golden Service Center in Golden Colorado. As a Groundman you will have the opportunity to utilize your skills to work on electric transmission line circuits including setting and removing poles and towers and installing and removing conductor.
- Installing and removing overhead and underground conductors
- Rigging of all varieties for use with crane applications
- Driving and operation of numerous commercial vehicles
- Climbing and working on transmission structure heights up to 200 feet
- Helicopter use with construction
- Using specialized equipment like ATV's and SNOW CAT's
- Other duties as assigned
- Accustomed to many varieties of specialized line construction equipment and vehicles
- Computer Skills for learning and compliance training
- Knowledge of hand and power tools and the safety of their use
- Understanding how to work with ropes/knots and how to use them
- Understanding and familiarity of DOT regulations
- Please note that this position will require some out of town travel to different Xcel Energy Colorado territories.
- High school diploma or GED
- Certificate from an accredited Lineman program or Xcel Energy equivalent
- Work experience operating construction equipment
- Possess class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) or ability to obtain one
- High Commitment to Safety Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must be in excellent physical condition and be able to handle a 90 lb jackhammer
- Highly developed mechanical ability
- Must be able to respond to after hours call out, both weekends and evenings
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Golden || CO - Golden || United States (US) || Operations || 38120:Transmission Lines North || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 11906
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com