Line Servicer - Journeyman Troubleman
Note: These two (2) positions are posted for the Athens Service Center and will require residence equal to or within 30 minutes drive time from 9135 State Route 682 Athens, OH 45701. Candidates not currently within residence requirement, but willing to relocate, must do so within 6 months of initial start in role.
The Line Servicer serves as first response to any and all types of service trouble calls on electrical transmission and distribution systems and holds primary responsibility for investigating, correcting, and clearing related/associated issues.
1. Investigate trouble calls.
2. Patrol and inspect lines.
3. Locate, clear, and repair faults on lines and equipment.
4. Refuse line and transformer cutouts.
5. Repair and adjust street light control equipment.
6. Install and remove transformers, meters, and services.
7. Coordinate and/or conduct complex circuit switching and restoration of service resulting from trouble calls.
8. Work with hot line equipment on energized circuits for emergency repairs or routine maintenance of facilities.
9. Independently interface with emergency forces, such as fire and police departments, to accomplish safe trouble call restoration.
10. Communicate effectively with customers and formulate plans designed to serve their needs, as well as the company's needs, in resolving trouble calls.
11. Inform customers if trouble is located in customer's wiring or equipment as well as potential for radio and television interference.
12. Install, remove, operate, and maintain residential, commercial, and industrial facilities, both overhead and underground.
13. Disconnect and reconnect meters as well as read in and read out.
14. Operate line switches, switches and fuse replacements in stations.
15. Request, make, and accept line and station clearances.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years as a Journeyman Lineman
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid Class A CDL required.
Requirements - Other:
Successful completion of the Construction and Skilled Trades (CAST) selection test is required for this position.
- A review of employment testing information, including test-taking tips and CAST practice questions, may be helpful in preparation for testing. A link to these materials may be found at AEP’s Careers Website under “Employment Testing”.
- Residence within 30 minutes of reporting location - Athens Service Center (9135 State Route 682 Athens, OH 45701)
Lineman/Lineworker - Journey Level
2 - 5 years
High School or equivalent
Note: Some listings may also have apply info in the ad itself