The Journeyman Lineman will be responsible for overhead and underground distribution and transmission lines including construction, maintenance, and operations.
- Interpret blueprints, national and state codes, manufacture’s specifications, and written and verbal instructions.
- Ensure job is completed in a safe manner.
- Train and instruct Apprentice Linemen.
- Maintain all on site equipment.
- Oversee and lead crew members.
- Operate, inspect, and maintain aerial devices, digger/derricks, excavation equipment, and other electric line related equipment.
- Performs all work on grounded circuits such as pole position from the aerial lifts and insulated platforms
- Maintain and repair overhead distribution or transmission lines
- Installing, and maintaining an underground distribution system
- Planning and initiating projects.
- Complete reports, documentation, and mapping information.
- All other duties as assigned.
- CDL class A license required
- 4 plus years’ of experience
- Must have successfully completed the Journeyman Examination requirements administered by an accredited Lineman Apprenticeship Training program.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor
- OSHA Certified (preferred)
- Able to lift excess of 50 lbs.
- Valid DOT medical card
Thank you for your interest in our wonderful company Willbros!
We are a trusted partner in the electrical and telecommunications construction industry. We provide a wide range of construction services including electrical transmission, distribution, substations and fiber optic cable installation.
Our commitment to customers and staff starts with a comprehensive Zero Tolerance Safety Policy. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured.
- Willbros is an Equal Opportunity Employer