Electrical Systems Operator
DeanFluor offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Electrical Systems Operator job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
CALL AND SITE COORDINATION:
-Works from Facility Control Center to log and identify problem areas in the building.
-Assists other trades in the field in the active troubleshooting of systems.
-Monitors alarms and reports and performs triage on system messages
-Manages field personnel and coordinates with other Facility Control Center authorities
-Monitors SCADA systems for performance and problems.
-Troubleshoot electrical issues and assist with RCA
-Backs up application software and checks network integrity of control devices.
-Debugs, checks calibration of hardware/software devices, configures parameters and tests control components and software.
-Performs function check of all control systems and documents results as needed.
-Sets up alarms for optimal efficiency and response.
-Responds to service calls by determining the problem, identifying the cause and implementing a solution to address the issues.
-Works with the customer to recommend and develop a maintenance program for their system. Identifies and implements long term service strategies.
-Performs all work in accordance with contract documents and applicable company standards.
-Performs work to meet the required response times and to facilitate others to meet response times.
-Develops and maintains procedures and check lists for the execution of service calls, system routine maintenance and commissioning tasks to maintain consistency and completeness of the work.
-Keeps Client/Call center informed of questions, progress, information needs, and discrepancies in system and other issues impacting the operation of the building and comfort of occupants.
-Initiates follow up action to secure needed responses in a timely manner.
STANDARDS & PROCEDURES:
-Applies and maintains company standards and tools.
-Recommends improvements in standards, tools and processes.
-Documents new procedures and applications for possible adoption as company standard.
-Develops and utilizes project task execution checklists.
-Assists with developing and then using custom views and reports to track energy usage and facility problems areas.
-Supports the effort to maintain the facility’s LEED rating.
-Assists engineers on specific issues and with energy related optimization projects.
-Performs other tasks requested by management.
- Position requires High school diploma or GED plus 10 years' experience working on electrical systems - including experience operating SCADA or programming SCADA algorithm - or, Electrical engineering degree plus 5 years' experience on electrical systems.
In addition must have:
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation including sequence of operations, technical product literature, programming manuals and specifications.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic communications wiring, control logic wiring and end devices.
- Knowledge of building mechanical and electrical equipment functions and use, electrical systems controls applications and relevant hardware and software products.
- Knowledge of commonly used networks and network topologies.
- Ability to work at a computer terminal with mouse and keyboard for eight hours per day.
- Ability to work safely in close proximity to exposed line voltage and low voltage wiring and terminations.
- Ability to carry/setup and climb an 8’ ladder without assistance and use hand tools when required.
- Ability to lift and move boxes of material or wooden skid or pallet weighing up to 20 pounds.
- A valid state motor vehicle license with safe driving record.
- Requires excellent verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change.
-This position is considered sensitive and requires extensive background screening. The Candidate must be able to achieve and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
-Vocational school or associate degree preferred
-Electrical Masters License
-EMCS and/or Mechanical maintenance experience
-Maximo 7.0 Experience