Energy Account Analyst
This position absolutely requires account management experience in one of the following areas: renewable energy, public utilities, call center/billing operations management in the energy/utilities industry.
The Energy Accounts Analyst works under direction from the Director of Communications & External Affairs and has responsibility for a wide range of account related issues, including billing operations, data management, customer service, business development, and energy program support/development. This position will work with Monterey Bay Community Power (MBCP) strategic commercial and industrial accounts, MBCP's Energy Programs team, MBCP’s data and call center vendor, and Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. The Energy Accounts Analyst will also be responsible for addressing systemic customer relationship issues as they arise and developing/offering new programs of benefit as they are developed.
The Energy Accounts Analyst will provide customer care support for MBCP’s large customers, providing input for MBCP customer account management and customer programs under the general supervision of the Director of Communications & External Affairs. This job will serve as a point of interaction between PG&E, the data management vendor and MBCP to identify and resolve issues related to MBCP’s and/ or PG&E’s tariffs, program designs and business operations. This role may provide input for modification and development of new programs and rate structures to better serve MBCP's commercial customers. This position will also work directly with MBCP's energy programs team to help identify opportunities to promote and encourage uptake in energy programs related to electrification, local energy development, energy efficiency, demand response and storage. This position will also participate in community events and/or perform related tasks for residential customers as may be needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- · Interface with MBCP’s data management provider, call center and PG&E representatives to ensure consistent and positive interaction with customers.
- · Supervise development and integration of MBCP and PG&E programs aimed at large commercial accounts including but not limited to:
o Net Energy Metering
o Foreign language billing
o Bill design and rate structures
o Balanced Payment Plan
o Account-level opt outs
o Re-enrollment campaigns
- · Collaborate and promote MBCP's energy programs through active engagement with strategic account customers to ensure energy programs are meeting the needs of the greater Monterey Bay business community.
- · Monitor and support monthly “Issues List” for monthly meetings with PG&E and data manager which address deficiencies in the service PG&E and other vendors provide to MBCP strategic accounts.
- · Identify, advocate for and implement solutions to deficiencies in the service PG&E or others provide to MBCP customers.
- · Manage strategic accounts, including large commercial, agricultural and municipal customers.
- · Identify and implement solutions to increase customer retention and customer satisfaction with MBCP services and tariffs.
- · Identify and resolve high-level customer billing issues.
- · Support MBCP's rate-setting as it relates to PG&E with MBCP's finance and power services teams
- · Provide expertise on Time of Use rates and demand response options and services.
- · Maintain rate models for cost comparison and other analytical purposes.
- · Conduct customer follow-up as needed, including providing cost comparisons for strategic accounts.
- · Maintain MBCP’s business relationships with key PG&E and data management representatives.
- · Provide data analysis support as needed to develop tailored programs and rates for strategic account customers.
- · No direct supervisory role anticipated at this time, but that could change as the Agency grows over time.
- · Provide support and guidance for Account Representatives and other staff on account or program- related issues.
- · Track and ensure customer inquiries and issues are resolved in a timely manner by MBCP staff or partner organizations.
- · Identify and execute ad hoc solutions to customer switching and/or billing issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the knowledge and abilities listed. Typically, equivalent to possession of a Bachelor’ degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Engineering, Communications and 4 years of experience in customer service, energy industry operations and/or commercial account management. A Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- · Expertise in electric utility rules, tariffs, bill design and terminology including:
• Maximum and peak demand
• Generation charges
• Utilities billing operations
- · Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- · Knowledge of account services, customer service, and program management
- · Advanced principles of customer service
- · English usage, spelling, punctuation, grammar and business letter writing; Spanish and other languages a plus
- · Perform rate analysis with multiple rate classes, tiers and billing components
- · Use customer relationship management software and strategic use of CRM reports and data.
- · Interact effectively with commercial and agricultural customers, local community groups and organizations
- · Exercise sound judgment, creative problem solving and commercial awareness
- · Deliver clear oral communication
- · Manage projects and time efficiently; adept at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- · Be outgoing, confident and detail oriented
- · Be self-motivated with a strong drive to retain and build customer base, track and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- · Take responsibility and work independently, as well as coordinate team efforts
- · Demonstrate patience, tact and courtesy with a variety of customers and personalities
The physical demands described here are representative of those required for the position. Position requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, and twisting in the performance of daily activities. The position requires hand manipulation and repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in using a computer keyboard. The position requires near and far vision in reading reports and use of a computer. Acute hearing is required in supporting meetings and providing phone and in-person customer service. The position occasionally requires lifting and/or moving objects up to 15 pounds. MBCP will make reasonable accommodation of the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified application with a disability upon request.
Possession and continued maintenance of a valid class C California driver’s license, automobile insurance and a safe driving record. A DMV report will be required.
Location and Compensation:
MBCP is located in the city of Monterey. Compensation for this position ranges from $80,000-$125,000 commensurate with experience. A full benefits package is also offered. There is no relocation fund for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MBCP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status or genetic information.Application Process:
The position is open until filled. To be considered for this position, please submit a MBCP application, detailed resume including city of residence, and cover letter if desired to:
Cynthia Jordan, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in the job description.