Sr. Distribution Engineer
- The qualified candidate should be familiar with the design and operation of utility electrical systems which they can apply their knowledge for developing new designs.
- The ability to apply engineering calculations to various project challenges to develop the most complete and competent design.
- Lead multi-discipline teams with varying skillsets
- Lead multiple concurrent projects
- Communicate directly with the client and key stakeholders to successfully complete projects and develop new opportunities.
- Perform quality reviews of project deliverables
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Math or Science
- 7+ years of direct electric utility experience either directly with a utility, as a consultant to a utility, or a combination of both
- Knowledge of the design and operation of overhead and underground distribution lines (4 kV through 35 kV).
- The qualified candidate should be experienced with utility standards, joint facilities design, compatible units, and construction package development.
- Familiarity with distribution design software, both overhead and underground, the National Electric Safety Code, and utility best practices.
- A BSEE degree
- A masters or continued education will be evaluated
- Prior utility experience
- Working experience and relationships with Northeast regional utilities
- Exposure to utility Geographical Information Systems (GIS); GE Smallworld, ArcFM, etc.
- Exposure to Work Management programs such as STORMS
- Electrical loading and analysis programs such as CYMEDIST and CYMETCC
- Distribution design software including but not limited to: Pull Planner, CYMCAP, O-Calc, SPIDACALC, Pole Foreman, CAD
- Strong command of the English language and possess good written and oral communications skills
- Travel should be expected
5 -10 years
Note: Some listings may also have apply info in the ad itself