Ameren Illinois delivers energy to 1.2 million electric and 812,000 natural gas customers in Illinois. Our mission is to power the quality of life. Our service area covers more than 1,200 communities and 43,700 square miles. For more information, visit AmerenIllinois.com or find us on Twitter @AmerenIllinois. For more on the ActOnEnergy program, visit actonenergy.com.
About The Position
The Engineer performs system planning and circuit analysis of distribution circuits 69kv and below and develops remediation plans as needed; performs project engineering and project management duties in order to complete plans, designs, cost estimates, and construction of electric and gas distribution facilities with emphasis on safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, design, cost estimate, budget and manage projects related to new business, reliability, government highway or local road projects. Secure permits and rights-of-way, and perform post-construction follow-up for the electric and gas systems.
- Provide engineering assistance and technical support to field engineering representatives and other Division personnel. Perform power quality/trouble shooting analysis.
- Meet with residential and commercial customers, architects, contractors, and other appropriate contacts to determine actions needed to fulfill customers' requests. Provide customers with information regarding rates, lighting, wiring, NESC code interpretations, and other service requirements and needs.
- Perform engineering and design of electric and gas extensions or modifications including: determining the impact of additional loads on the existing electric distribution system.
- Prepare load analysis for electric distribution substations and feeders and develop remediation plans for facilities that warrant corrective action.
- Perform work within various company computer systems, such as DOJM, EADMS, CSS, Synergy, Load Analysis, OAS and Byers.
- Work with division team members to enhance safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department and division goals. Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
- Emergency call-out for storm restoration.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred, other engineering disciplines acceptable depending upon qualifications) from an accredited college or university required. E.I.T. (Engineer-in-Training) certification or P.E. (Professional Engineer) registration preferred. The completion of power-related courses in college is preferred. Electrical engineering and project management experience preferred, but will consider recent graduates.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Must be self-starter with attention to detail and possess problem-solving, decision-making, communication, and human relation skills. Must have good analytical skills, and advanced computer skills. Must be adaptable and flexible, ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently.
- Technical career path level depends upon applicant's credentials.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.