Lineman 4th-1st Class
Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including nearly 9,000 megawatts of nuclear power.
Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of approximately $11 billion and more than 13,000 employees.
Learn more about our Corporate, Utility, Nuclear, Power Generation, Gas & Transmission businesses here: http://www.entergynewsroom.com/about-us/.
Primary Location: Texas-Port Arthur
Job Function: Lineman
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Relocation Option: Not approved
Union description/code: GTX Utility Ops-U05
Number of Openings: 1.00
Req ID: 79047
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
Under directive supervision, with some latitude for planning or lying out of working details, must know, understand and be willing and able to apply all applicable Company construction specification in order to complete the most complicated construction and maintenance work on dead or energized transmission and underground or overhead distribution conductors, structures and equipment, and be qualified to do the following and related work as assigned:
1. Make all types of transformer installations; do phasing and check rotation on circuits; trace and clear grounds and opens on series circuits.
2. Do all classes of hot line tool work.
3. Reeve blocks.
4. Plan and lay out all work in a safe and efficient manner.
5. Check, handle and be responsible for all material removed from and returned to stock, and prepare reports and records.
6. Act in leadership capacity as required.
7. Direct work of assistants, instruct and train new employees.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must have worked for at least one year, and qualified, as a Lineman 2nd Class, or have had equivalent experience in related work, having all qualifications of the previous classifications.
2. Know Company's safety rules, and be willing and able to administer all approved methods of resuscitation, and be willing and able to render practical first aid on or off the ground.
3. Know the location of, and be willing and able to operate, all of the firefighting equipment. Know what kind of equipment to use on electrical, oil and other fires.
4. Supply personal tools used in work.
5. Hold a current Class A CDL license or be willing and able to obtain one within a specified time period.
6. Have a thorough working knowledge of electric transmission and distribution circuits and related equipment.
7. Have thorough knowledge of hot line tools and their application.
8. Be willing and able to read and understand all wiring diagrams and blueprints as related to transmission and distribution construction and maintenance.
1. Must be willing and able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Be particularly alert in observing hazards and avoiding accidents.
2. Be willing and able to attend and conduct safety meetings.
3. Be willing and able to work under unusual surroundings, as well as the normal working conditions pertaining to this job.
4. Be willing and able to receive and transmit orders and instructions in such a manner as to inspire respect and confidence of both superiors and subordinates.
5. Be especially neat, clean and orderly in work and person.
6. Be willing and able to meet the public in a pleasant and tactful manner.
7. Be capable of assuming supervisory responsibilities.
8. Understand importance of always rendering and maintaining first class, courteous service to all customers.
1st Class Lineman 5+ years experience required
2nd Class Lineman 4-5 years experience required
3rd Class Lineman 3 years experience required
4th Class Lineman 2 years experience required
Successful completion of the EEI CAST test.
**Candidates selected to take the CAST Test will be invited via e-mail. You may need to check your spam email.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.