Transmission Lineman/Journeyman Lineman
The Transmission Lineman is responsible for the installation, construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead electric transmission lines. This position performs work on non-energized lines while operating cranes, man lift equipment, bucket trucks or other specialized equipment. This position may teach and instruct lower classifications and is generally assigned to a specific project to perform work such as:
- Clipping or unclipping of overhead ground wire and conductor, arm replacement, marker ball installation, bird diverter installation, full tension splices, sleeve repair, tower numbering, cross arm replacement, insulator replacement, and conductor cut in.
- Set up and operate wire tensioners, rope rigs, and other wire stringing equipment.
- Operate, inspect, and maintain bucket trucks, digger derricks, excavation equipment, and other equipment.
- Erect structures, set poles and anchors, string and sag conductor.
- Climb wood, steel, and concrete structures when required.
- Inspect lines, poles and equipment for signs of damage or wear.
- Responsible for efficient and proper use of all tools, materials, and equipment.
- Ensure all high voltage equipment and PPE is in good working order and meets both OSHA and company safety requirements.
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, schedules, and scopes of work.
- Assist Foremen with overseeing lower classifications by coordinating and assigning tasks, monitoring work, training and mentoring.
- Assist Foremen with monitoring safety and productivity of crewmembers.
- Assist with conducting safety tailgate meetings with crew and completing required paperwork.
- Understand DOT and OSHA standards, as well as company-specific standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience performing overhead transmission work required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing overhead transmission work preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid CDL Preferred
- Journeyman Lineman Certification is preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Able to follow and provide written and oral job plans and instructions
- Must be safety focused
- Able to anticipate needs and proactively offer solutions
- Able to make sound decisions and work independently
- Able to make decisions in an emergency situation
Safety is a shared responsibility of all employees; therefore, employees are required to follow all safety standards, policies, and procedures set forth by the Company in addition to complying with all occupational safety, health and environmental laws mandated by relevant local, state, and federal laws or regulations. All employees are responsible for the personal and/or team implementation of “Safety as a Value.” If you have questions regarding safety, please contact a safety representative immediately.