The Lineman position will be in the Power Delivery division within Southern California Edison’s (SCE) Transmission & Distribution Organizational Units (TDOU). Typical Responsibilities may include:
- Installs, removes, maintains, and repairs overhead and underground distribution and communication systems.
- Installs and removes equipment such as poles, cross arms, towers, enclosures, ducts and piping and electrical or other apparatus such as transformers, switches, capacitors, pot heads, protective devices, cooling or insulating equipment, emergency gear and automatic cooling or insulating equipment, emergency gear and automatic reclosers.
- Installs, removes, splices, bonds, terminates and tests conductor and cable, except paper insulated lead cable.
- Connects, tests, adjusts, repairs, and maintains electrical equipment and apparatus.
- Uses precautionary procedures, necessary tools and safety equipment to work on or near energized lines or equipment.
- Operates test equipment such as amp, volt or ohm meters, phasing and cable test sets, fault finder, and cable locator.
- Operates construction vehicles (up to 1,200 lbs.) in addition to vehicle auxiliaries and other powered equipment. Instructs and directs apprentices and helpers.
- Performs related semi-skilled and unskilled work as required.
- Maintaining a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Must be a certified Journeyman Lineman and possess a Journeyman Lineman card.
- Due to the weight restrictions of safety equipment used by SCE linemen, candidates must weigh less than 285 pounds to qualify for the position.
- Must currently possess a Class A motor vehicle operator's license.
- Experience as a Distribution Journeyman Lineman including knowledge of associated construction methods and standards; and overhead and underground materials, tools, and equipment.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of electricity as applied to electric circuitry and operation of electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical principles as applied to rigging and the operation of tools and equipment; test instruments and procedures; accident prevention rules and safe work practice.
- Ability to work safely and skillfully; follow instructions given in written, oral or diagrammatic form; use hand or power tools and operate construction equipment; climb poles and structures; work in high or confined places and perform very heavy physical work.
- Experience with State General Orders 95 and 128.
- Experience with construction methods and standards including experience with overhead and underground materials, tools, and equipment.
- Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection process will be invited to test via-email and are encouraged to immediately begin preparing for any tests required in this job posting - Link to Study Guides
- Please reference Test Battery #8304 Distribution Lineman Technical Interview and Test #4016: Lineman Physical Performance.
- Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s) may not need to retest again for this position.
- Candidates must be available to test in Chino, CA on Saturday, June 23, 2018.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- Flexibility to work overtime including weekends and holidays.
Lineman/Lineworker - Journey Level
2 - 5 years
High School or equivalent
Note: Some listings may also have apply info in the ad itself