Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Journeyman Lineman to join us at the Mankato Service Center in Mankato, MN
The base rate of pay for a Journeyman Lineman is $45.54 hourly according to the "Exhibit A" wage scale.
Selection criteria will also include an interview and pre-employment written and hands-on testing that will take place at a company training facility (personal tools and equipment are not provided).
This position will be posted company-wide for 15 business days from April 2, 2018 to April 20, 2018
Primary responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to, installation, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground distribution conductors and equipment. Must be able to climb poles, work on energized conductors and equipment, perform hot stick work on energized high voltage conductors, work in inclement weather, and be available for callout work and all other work as outlined in the lineman position.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Technical School Lineman degree is required.
3. Must have a working knowledge of all phases of Distribution and Transmission Construction, Maintenance and Operating.
4. Must reside within 20 mile radius of the Mankato Service Center; relocation benefits will not be provided.
5. Must have good communication and teamwork skills.
6. Requires participation in after-hour emergency callouts in all kinds of weather conditions - must be willing to accept callouts and work over time.
7. Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, trenchers and groundwork with utility line crew required.
8. A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times. Must be committed to working safely.
9. Must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Mankato || MN - Mankato || United States (US) || Operations || 0811M: Elec Ops Mankato MN || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 12166
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org