Are we speaking your language? We’re Leggett & Platt, the leading innovator in the sleep industry. With more than a century of experience in helping people sleep better, we have more bedding technology patents than anyone else in the world!
And we’re looking for your skills to enhance our growing Adjustable Bed team in Carthage, MO. As our Electrical Engineer, you’ll design, test, and troubleshoot new electro-mechanical components.
We’ll need your expertise to:
- Create specifications for new concepts and evaluate prototypes
- Ensure component introduction and change management activities are effectively completed and communicated
- Automate test equipment
- Perform board level and system level testing
- Prepare test procedures and protocols for technicians
- Document test results and generate high level summary reports
- Create drawings of electrical components
- Review product design for compliance with electrical engineering principles
- Review UL standards and work with Test Laboratories on getting products certified
This position requires:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- 1-3 years of electrical engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in many of the listed responsibilities
- A willingness to travel domestically and internationally, and to communicate and interact effectively with customers and suppliers
And these skills are a plus for us!
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting servo systems, electro-mechanical systems, test engineering
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical departments
- Self-motivated, organized, attentive to detail
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. While benefits may vary by location, we typically include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and stock plans, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts and more.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of more than 20,000 employee-partners in 130 manufacturing facilities located in 19 countries. We’re not just hiring, we’re building a better company. For more information, please visit www.leggett.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer