Line Crew Groundman
POSITION: Line Crew Groundsman
COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Electrical Maintenance and Construction (EMC)
JOB DESCRIPTION: A Groundsman will assist crews and Linemen in the maintenance and construction of electric power lines and equipment. They perform all duties from ground level. Typically this position will work with direct supervision.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists lineman and other personnel in constructing and maintaining lines and equipment.
- Assists lineman by performing work, from ground level, by sending and retrieving materials, equipment, and tools as needed for the lineman to adequately perform line construction and maintenance.
- Assists, from the ground, in performing construction and maintenance duties typically working with a crew.
- Responsible for being familiar with the various type of tools, equipment, and safety materials associated with line work in order to assist lineman.
- Operates the various types of trucks and equipment associated with construction and maintenance of power lines.
- Required to patrol lines and report findings to the appropriate authority.
- Prepares processes and otherwise appropriately handles documents or any other paperwork that may be required.
- Communicates both orally and written to consumers in such a manner that is clear and understandable.
- Performs work that is consistent with existing management and safety policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned including duties that may not be required or are not typically performed by a Groundman.
- Previous oilfield experience and knowledge is preferred
- High School Diploma/GED or higher level
- Basic computer knowledge (Windows, email, internet, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Reading skills (Basic instructional and technical information)
- Previous outdoor, general labor experience preferred
- An acceptable combination of education and experience
- Must have clean driving record
- Have -or be able to obtain- a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License – Class B minimum
- This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree
- Must have the ability to lift 70 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 100 pounds
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs
- Stooping, crouching, kneeling and bending
- Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some activities
- Visual acuity is required to inspect work completed
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
Electrical Maintenance and Construction, a subsidiary of Endeavor Energy Resources, LP, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in regards to race, color, creed, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, marital status or disability. We comply with all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to employment and discrimination will not be tolerated.