Apprentice Lineperson (fka Apprentice Lineman)
We are currently seeking an Apprentice Lineperson to join our team.
- Assists with installation, operation, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground electrical power lines and systems. Such work is generally performed on the ground.
- Assists in the construction, operation, maintenance and repair of transmission and substation facilities.
- Assists with service calls concerning power outages and electrical problems.
- Receives training both in book/classroom skills and on the job skills. Must continue to pass ongoing training to proceed to higher skill/job levels.
- Operates motorized equipment, use hand tools, and perform routine maintenance on electrical equipment, machinery, and tools. Performs janitorial duties in shop areas.
- Follows safety guidelines as part of training.
- Stocks and services vehicles to be equipped to respond to emergency situations.
- Responds to calls within twenty (20) minutes.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays for extended periods; may be required to perform duties as part of recovery force during emergencies and disasters.
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works with energized parts or equipment.
- Works in all temperatures and will be exposed to nature i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, jackhammers, chain saws and other equipment, with proper hearing protection.
- Works at varying heights above ground, in manholes, and/or in confined spaces with proper Personal Protective Equipment.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work with hands above head for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, climb, and work from ladders, or at various heights, on uneven and slippery surfaces, performing mentally/physically demanding work under unfavorable weather conditions while handling equipment or material.
- Due to the capacity of existing equipment the weight of the employee should not exceed approximately 240 pounds.
- Must be able to work safely and efficiently from heights.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver heavy weights of up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis, but up to 10 lbs weights on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to climb a power pole using climbing hooks and belt. Must be able to drive all vehicles assigned to the line crew, operate digger derrick to set poles, and use jackhammer, etc.
- Must be capable of pulling, pushing, bending, stooping and kneeling on a frequent basis.
- Must have sufficient eye sight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools and assist other line repairers.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight (8) or ten (10) hour day according to the schedule. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during holidays, emergencies, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work.
- Must be able to meet and maintain weight restrictions for bucket truck as identified by truck manufacturer.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
Activity: R O F C Activity: R O F C Standing X Seeing X Walking X Reading X Sitting X Reaching X Stooping X Range of Motion X Kneeling X Hearing - Speech Range X Squatting X Depth Perception X Body Twisting X Color Vision X Crawling X Lifting X Sense of Touch X Carrying X Manual Dexterity X Pushing X Speaking Clearly X Pulling X Seeing Distant X Climbing Ladders Climbing On/Off Truck X Climbing Stairs Climbing Poles X Balancing X Griping X Lifting up to 10 lbs X Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs X Lifting up to 50 lbs X
Key:Rarely = less than 10% Occasionally = up to 33% Frequently = up to 66% Continously = 67% to 100%
Lineman/Lineworker - Apprentice
2 - 5 years
High School or equivalent
Note: Some listings may also have apply info in the ad itself