Entry Level Electrical Engineer
POWER Engineers is currently seeking an entry level Electrical Engineer to work in the Power Delivery Substation Department in our Syracuse, NY office.
- The position entails performing detail design of low to extra high voltage substations and switchyards.
- Typical designs include one-line diagrams, protection and control schematic development, wiring diagrams, SCADA, communications, substation physical layouts, material lists, conduit and cable sizing/routing, AC and DC systems calculations and sizing, and substation grounding. The Entry Level Electrical Engineer will participate in QA/QC processes as part of the learning curve.
- BSEE (BS Electrical Engineering) or BSEET (BS Electrical Engineering Technology) degree, from an accredited university preferably with a power option.
- Minimum 2.5 Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Strong knowledge and understanding of electrical engineering to build on.
- The candidate must have strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills in order to work effectively with internal team members and external client personnel.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for work sponsorship.
- At least 3 months electrical engineering work experience; could be on an internship or co-op basis.
- GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Familiarity with substation design.
- Engineer In Training certificate (EIT) or passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
Syracuse, New York
< 2 years
Note: Some listings may also have apply info in the ad itself