The Electrical Engineer is part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of mechanical, electrical and PLC engineers as well as project managers, designers, sales, application engineers and new product development on our Engineered to Order and Configure to Order businesses. The Electrical Engineer will report to our Engineering Manager, Engineered to Order. The Electrical Engineer will have a variety of responsibilities that include working through technical control details, designing control circuits, sizing conductors, overcurrent protection and components, drawing schematics and panel layout in AutoCAD Electric or EPLAN, creating work standards, working with the internal team, vendors and contractors on electrical design of equipment and systems.
Success in this position requires the candidate to work effectively in both a collaborative and independent environment, must be safety conscious, good communication skills is a must both internally and externally with customers, high attention to detail is critical and have a strong motivation for delivering project objectives. Responsibilities
- Must be a self-starter, work autonomously, see projects through on time and first time right
- Firm understanding of electrical controls and logic
- Knowledge and experience with of power and motor control circuits, motors, motor starters and VFDs
- Support technically Vilter's PLC controls platform, PLC programming experience is not necessary but valuable
- Support team on electrical system product improvements and standards
- Project manage customer electrical equipment projects
- Serve are subject matter expert and work directly with customers to troubleshoot issues and provide product training
- Field experience with electrical troubleshooting skills is valuable
- Must have a firm understanding of how to read and interpret electrical schematics as well as piping and instrumentation drawings
- Must have a firm understanding of NFPA 70 National Electric Code, NFPA 79 and UL 508A, staying up to date on industry standards and trends
- In depth experience and proficient with AutoCAD Electrical and/or EPLAN engineering tools
- Travel: 10%
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Five to seven years of electrical controls and design experience
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Electrical field experience either troubleshooting or installation
- Masters in Electrical Engineering
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. About Emerson
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.