Electrical Medium Voltage Lineman
Strata Solar is a leading developer, builder, owner, and operator of commercial and utility-scale solar farms; ranked amongst the top five solar producers in the US. We understand that our employees are the lifeblood of the company. We strive to align company goals with those of our employees. We're constantly innovating to make a difference for our customers, our employees, and our planet. Our mission is to make a difference by developing cost-efficient alternatives to traditional energy sources, without long-term dependence on government subsidies. We’re leading the south in sustainable energy careers. We hope you’ll join us.
Summary: To undertake a variety of tasks relating to medium voltage distribution in the large-scale solar industry. The job will involve inspecting and working closely with medium voltage subcontractors, Duke Energy and multiple utility companies, construction managers, superintendents and project management.
Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, must be first and foremost be responsible with great attention to safety precautions. Must be experienced in different types of medium voltage electrical devices and systems.
The goal will be to produce and maintain well functioning electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize usability of electricity on all facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Construction Quality Assurance, Project Management, Commissioning and Utility representatives throughout all stages of power plant construction.
- Perform final inspection of MV to ensure system is complete and built to specifications of construction documents. Resolve all critical punch list items before placing plant in service.
- Schedule with resources as needed to ensure all testing, inspections, and work required are completed in a timely and professional manner. Communicate any concerns related to scheduling to Sr. Electrical Manager for support.
- Oversee medium voltage cable and equipment installation and testing.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and distributed to Sr. Electrical Manager.
- Review and ensure site MV cable VLF testing and Transformer testing documentation is reviewed and distributed to Sr. Electrical Manager and Project Management.
- Observe team members while performing tasks before allowing them to perform such tasks independently. Document standard operation procedures to communicate accurately and consistently across all teams. Communicate any changes to procedures.
- Provide technical support and guidance during troubleshooting and problem resolution to commissioning team as needed.
- Maintain a clean and operational vehicle. Communicate any damage, maintenance, or inspections to Sr. Electrical Manager immediately.
- Arrive to work prepared to work and dressed appropriately. Maintain a positive attentive attitude towards all co-workers and construction teams at all times.
- Perform truck and tool kit inventory twice yearly and provide documentation to Sr. Electrical Manager.
- Schedule travel arrangements with Manager and HR department.
- Review and submit time and per diem sheets, and collect receipts every Friday prior to payroll.
- Check email daily and respond in a timely manner.
- Work independently as a member of the team.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 4-7 Years of verifiable utility line work installation experience
- Classroom education or training in NFPA 70E low and high voltage
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and standard design/construction best practices
- OSHA 30 hour certified
- First Aid / CPR certified
- NFPA 70E certified
- Knowledge of and working experience with SCADA systems.
- Knowledge of and working experience with medium voltage transformers, switchgear and substations.
- Ability to read and understand electrical single-line and three-line diagrams
- Ability to work efficiently with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage and to complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Must have the ability to travel, work on-call during off-shift hours and weekends if necessary.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: Work is to be performed in the field and occasionally in the cottage office.
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures. Use of PPE including, but not limited to, hard hat, safety toed shoes, rubber insulated gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection is required.
- Must have ability to sit, stoop, kneel, bend, stand and walk short distances for 8-10 hours per day
- Must be able to work outside in varying environmental conditions for 8-10 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
No third party solicitations will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.